5 Ingredient Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola. Great for breakfast or as a snack. So much better than store-bought!
It’s no secret that I love granola. It makes an awesome snack or breakfast and is so easy to make at home. I love coming up with new flavor combinations for granola. Maple Pecan, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Nutella Skillet Granola are just a few of my favorites.
This granola is loaded with shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, pecans and chocolate chips. It has tons of coconut flavor and big clusters with the perfect amount of sweetness.
It’s loaded with coconut flavor thanks to the coconut oil and the shredded coconut. If you haven’t tried coconut oil you’ve gotta give it a try. The coconut oil and honey hold everything together and help get the large clusters everyone loves. They are melted in the microwave to make it easier to coat the old fashioned oats.
This recipe is ridiculously simple to make. Only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time. To make the granola start by melting the coconut oil and honey in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. Toss with the rest of the ingredients and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and allow the granola to cool. The granola with get crunchier as it cools. (It tends to be sort of soft when it first comes out of the oven.) Toss cooled granola with chocolate chips and enjoy.
Serve the granola with milk or on top of Greek yogurt.
The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Substitute your favorite nuts or dried fruits. You can even add some wheat germ or flax seed to boost up the nutrition value in this granola.
Skip the store bought stuff and give this homemade granola a try!
Love this Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola? Here are a few other breakfast recipes you’ll love!
Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Granola
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add coconut oil and honey to a microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to slightly melt the honey and coconut oil.
- Add the melted honey and coconut oil to a large bowl with the oats, coconut and pecans. Toss to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and allow the granola to cool. The granola with get crunchier as it cools it tends to be sort of soft when it first comes out of the oven.
- Toss cooled granola with chocolate chips and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or freeze for up to 2 months.