Super Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders breaded in Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. A quick and easy 30 minute weeknight meal everyone will love!
I like my chicken extra extra crispy. I decided to try to make my favorite chicken tenders in the oven instead of deep fried in oil. The outside of the chicken tenders are crunchy and golden brown. The inside is juicy and tender. These Crispy Parmesan chicken tenders taste just like fried chicken without all of the calories! At first glance it’s hard to tell these chicken tenders are baked and not fried.
They are a quick and easy weeknight meal. Great for kids and adults alike. Who said healthy food can’t taste good??
These Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or as a snack / appetizer for game day.
How to Bake Chicken Tenders at home
These chicken tenders are super easy to make. They take less than 30 minutes start to finish. To make the chicken tenders we start with a simple 3 step breading procedure. Flour, egg and our Parmesan + breadcrumbs. Once breaded I place the chicken on a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. When it’s done I take them out of the oven and sprinkle with extra cheese and chopped parsley. Serve with some of your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy.
Tips for making Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- You can easily make your own Italian breadcrumbs at home if you prefer. Just pulse together stale bread (or plain breadcrumbs) garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- I added an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley on top of the chicken after it gets out of the oven. I love to serve this chicken alongside marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
Here are more delicious Chicken Recipes to try!
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Sticky Tender Asian Chicken Thighs
Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 4 chicken breast tenders
- 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 1 whole egg whisked
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Extra Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
- Chopped Parsley for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Line the chicken tenders on a baking sheet covered with a silicon baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Take out of the oven and top with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce or ranch dressing!