30 Minute Greek Kale Quinoa Salad. Loaded with tons of vegetables and tossed with lemon and olive oil! This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad makes a great light lunch or healthy dinner!
I have been on a kale and quinoa kick every since I made this Chopped Kale Quinoa and Avocado Salad. The crunch of the kale and the protein from the quinoa make this the perfect healthy lunch or light dinner.
This Kale and Quinoa Salad is a copycat version of Panera’s Modern Greek Salad with Quinoa. This Kale Quinoa Salad is perfectly light and healthy. Loaded with fresh veggies and quinoa and tossed in a tangy lemon and olive oil dressing.
This vegetarian salad is loaded with tons of vegetables: Chopped kale, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. Kale is loaded with protein and is full of essential vitamins and minerals. Quinoa is high in fiber and protein making this a super healthy salad! The salad gets drizzled with the lemon olive oil dressing then topped with crumbled feta!
This salad comes together so fast. While the quinoa is cooking I like to chop up all of my vegetables then toss everything together and serve. It takes less than 30 minutes to put together from start to finish.
The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below.
- Quinoa: Red quinoa can be substituted in this recipe. It would go perfectly in this cold quinoa salad.
- Kale: You can use either baby kale or regular curly kale. I’ve used both and they both work great. Just make sure to remove stems off of both. You can also make this salad with half kale half spinach or romaine.
- Veggies: Tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion are added.
- Olives: I like to use kalamata olives however black or green olives can also be used.
- Fresh Parsley: You can substitute 1 teaspoon dried parsley in place of the fresh.
- Lemon juice: Adds a nice tang and acidity to the salad. If you don’t have any lemon juice on hand substitute lime juice, apple cider or red wine vinegar.
- Olive oil: Along with lemon juice create a light and healthy dressing for the salad.
- Feta cheese: If you are vegan omit the feta cheese.
How to make Greek Kale Quinoa Salad
- Cook the quinoa: Add water and quinoa to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Assemble the salad: Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Toss in cooked quinoa. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of feta cheese or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top this salad with protein if desired: Salmon, chicken or shrimp would all be delicious on top of this salad!
- Add some nuts for crunch! I love adding pepitas, walnuts or slivered almonds.
- Substitute chicken broth or vegetable broth: In place of the water for extra flavor.
What to serve with this Greek Quinoa Salad
This salad makes a great lunch to meal prep ahead of time. I like to make it at the beginning of the week then have it for easy lunches! You can also serve this quinoa salad as a side dish. Here are some suggestions on what to serve with it:
- Hummus (I love Inspired Taste’s recipe!)
- Chicken Shawarma
- Greek Hummus Phyllo Bites
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Easy Grilled Steak Kabobs
- The BEST Grilled Chicken
- Honey Garlic Salmon
Here are some more Healthy Salad Recipes to try!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
- Summer Fruit Salad with Mint and Lime Juice
- Easy Berry Fruit Salad
- Mexican Salmon Salad
- Easy Mexican Kale Salad
- Chopped Kale and Quinoa Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
Greek Kale Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup baby kale stems removed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- feta cheese for topping
- Add water and quinoa to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Toss in cooked quinoa. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of feta cheese or refrigerate until ready to serve.