Homemade Edible Christmas Gifts
15 Edible Christmas Gifts! ‘Tis the season of giving, and what better gift to give than one you can eat? These easy holiday recipes can also double as Christmas gifts. In my experience, people are never disappointed to receive a homemade gift that they can eat!
And if you love Christmas recipes, then check out this roundup of my all-time favorite Christmas cookies!
Must-Make Christmas Recipes to Gift This Holiday Season
This time of year can be stressful when it comes down to knowing what all to buy for the various people in your life that you’ll exchange gifts with. Thankfully, this roundup of easy edible Christmas gifts makes spreading joy over the holidays easy.
Whether you’re sharing these delightful and festive Christmas recipes with friends, family, neighbors, mail carriers or teachers, this is sure to bring a smile to their face and make their hearts light!
Plus, this is a budget-friendly way to spread Christmas cheer to those you love far and near!
Sweet or Savory?
Honestly, both make for great Edible Christmas Gifts!
If your recipient has a notorious sweet tooth, surprise them with some classic Christmas cookies with green and red M&Ms or some decadent chocolate truffles. If they’re more of a fan of savory dishes, then make a batch of my Rosemary Foccacia Bread or my Individual Pretzel Bites to distribute over the holidays!
Dark Chocolate Clusters: It doesn’t get easier than these 5-minute Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters! Vegan, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious, this quick and healthy holiday dessert is made with just two simple ingredients.
Cream Cheese Truffles: The perfect balance of rich and decadent. Beautifully bite sized, only 4 ingredients needed, and zero baking required, these homemade chocolate truffles are a delicious holiday treat everyone can enjoy!
Peppermint Bark: The easiest homemade confection you could make, requiring only a few minutes of prep work and an hour to chill. It’s the perfect snackable dessert for holiday parties, Christmas meals, and even gifts!
5 Ingredient Maple Candied Pecans: The perfect snack or appetizer to serve during the Holidays. These candied pecans are addicting!
Easy No Bake Oreo Truffles: Only 4 ingredients. Made both ways with white chocolate and dark chocolate! These Oreo Truffles are super addicting!
5 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge: Made with Sea Salt and Cinnamon is super easy to make and takes only 5 minutes of cooking time! No candy thermometer required!
Christmas Cookies: Are a guaranteed hit! Made with M&M’s and white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, this really is the perfect Christmas cookie recipe.
Thumbprint Cookies: Are a classic, crowd-favorite holiday dessert! Traditionally filled with any number of delicious jams and baked to soft, fluffy perfection, this easy Christmas cookie recipe takes only 30 minutes to make.
Peanut Butter Blossoms: Really are one of the best (and simplest) Christmas cookie recipes to bake with close family and friends. Rolled in sugar and topped with rich, milk chocolate Kisses, these quick and easy holiday cookies come together in just 30 minutes!
Hot Chocolate Cookies: Are rich, fudgey and ultra chocolatey. Perfect for the holidays! They are everything you love about hot chocolate but in cookie form!
Orange Chocolate Chip Biscotti: Crisp biscotti dipped in chocolate then sprinkled with orange zest or chopped nuts!
Cranberry Orange Bread: Is super moist and tender with the perfect amount of zest, and just a hint of tart. Coated in an irresistible orange glaze, this easy quick bread recipe is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack with tea or coffee!
Double Chocolate Loaf Cake: Loaded with chocolate chunks then topped with a creamy chocolate ganache icing! Perfect for any chocolate lover, it’s moist, buttery, and extremely rich and chocolatey.
Gingerbread Loaf: Is perfectly spiced and moist. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert for the holidays. It tastes just like Starbucks!
One Hour Focaccia Bread: Made with fresh rosemary, garlic, and parmesan cheese! This no-knead focaccia bread recipe comes out soft and fluffy on the inside and golden and crisp on the outside.
Homemade Pretzel Bites: With a creamy cheddar cheese dipping sauce! Popable and super addicting these homemade pretzel bites will go fast!
Tips for Success
The biggest obstacle with wrapping edible Christmas gifts to deliver in person or to ship in a package is packaging them so that nothing spills or goes stale. This is especially important for Christmas cookies! Nothing’s worse than going through all of that hard work and planning to show people you care with some homemade cookies only to find out they went stale in transit before anyone could enjoy them.
Here are some tips to ensure your edible holiday gifts stay fresh:
- Wrap your cookies individually in a layer or two of plastic wrap before adding them all to a large plastic bag that is securely sealed. Then, wrap them up in a cute box or bag with tissue paper, ribbons, and a note.
- Do your holiday canning in advance when the ingredients you’re preserving are in-season. This guarantees freshness, frees up room in your freezer, and eliminates some of the last-minute rush of preparing gifts to give to loved one. A lot of work stretched out over the course of a couple months before Christmas yields big results!
- Never underestimate the power of a heartfelt hand-written note! This is the best way to complete a homemade gift.
More Edible Christmas Gift Ideas
- Cookies in a jar! This is such a fun gift to give over the holidays that everyone is guaranteed to enjoy. And it stays good for a long time after you give it! Simply measure out and add all of the dry ingredients and mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins to a large container like a mason jar, secure the lid tightly, tie it up with a ribbon, and tape the recipe to the jar. This way, your loved ones can make cookies any time they like with the wet ingredients they likely have on-hand!
- A homemade healthy trail mix with crackers, roasted nuts, dried fruits, and spices.
- All the goodies for an at-home movie night like popcorn, sodas, boxed candy, and a gift card for the recipient to rent a film of their choice.
- Or, keep it simple and show someone how well you know them by giving them their favorite candy or treat!