Korean Grilled Chicken. Marinated and grilled until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
This recipe is super simple. Simply add all of the sauce ingredients to a resealable Ziploc bag, add in the chicken and toss to coat. Marinade the chicken for at least two hours or overnight.
This Korean Grilled Chicken is loaded with flavor. The marinade is made of fresh ginger, garlic, low sodium soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, sesame oil and lots of green onions. I also like to add in a bit of sriracha for a little kick. You can make it as spicy as you like. I like to double the amount in this recipe because I like it extra spicy!
When you’re ready to eat preheat the grill to medium-hight heat and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
Korean BBQ Grilled Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (or more to taste) sriracha
- 2 whole green onions, white and green parts
- *Note: Prep time does not include marinating time*
- Add all of the ingredients including the chicken to a large Ziploc bag or a shallow dish. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to eat preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.