Super Easy Pan Fried Salmon with Lemon Dill Butter. Takes 20 minutes to make and only requires 5 ingredients!
I am always looking for quick dinners than I can throw together in minutes. This Pan Seared Salmon is one of them. Buttery, flakey with a hint of lemon and dill. The salmon turns out tender on the inside and super crispy on the outside.
All you need for this recipe is 20 minutes and 5 ingredients.
Searing the salmon in a hot pan keeps the salmon crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The high heat and quick cooking helps to seal in the moisture.
A couple tips for cooking perfect salmon every time:
- Make sure to pat down the salmon before searing.
- Leave the skin on the salmon during cooking. This helps the salmon stay together and not fall apart when flipping.
- Don’t try to flip the salmon if it is sticking. Give it a minute or two and it should release from the pan on its on.
Love this Easy Pan Fried Salmon with Lemon Dill Butter? Here are some more recipes to try!
Easy Pan Fried Salmon with Lemon Dill Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon filets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Once hot add in salmon skin side down. (I typically do 2 at a time so I do not overcrowd the pan).
- Cook salmon for 5-7 minutes on skin side (depending on size).
- Very carefully flip salmon. If the skin is sticking to the pan give it more time to cook. It should release easily from the pan. Cook for 1-3 minutes on this side until the salmon looks opaque.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan melt butter, dill and lemon juice. Brush the butter mixture onto the cooked salmon.
- Serve immediately with lemon and dill for garnish.