Ready to take your salon up a notch?! Then give my Gochujang Glazed Salmon a try! It’s cooked in the air fryer and brushed with a sweet, tangy and slightly spicy gochujang glaze! Serve with my Asian Broccoli or Japanese Cucumber Salad to complete the meal!
Air Fryer Gochujang Glazed Salmon
Have you tried cooking salmon in the Air Fryer? It is ridiculously easy and results in fool proof tender, flakey salmon every time. It’s quickly become my new favorite way to cook salmon!
I took my Air Fryer Salmon Recipe up a notch and topped it with a gochujang sauce. If you have never had gochujang sauce, it is a fermented korean red chili paste that takes all of the flavor profiles and packs it into one delicious sauce. It is spicy, savory, sweet, and salty all at the same time. It’s made from chili peppers, rice and soy beans! You can find it in the international isle in your local grocery store or online here.
Best of all this salmon is ready in under 20 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal!
Ingredients for Gochujang Glazed Salmon
- Salmon- This recipe creates enough sauce to glaze four salmon filets. If you have more salmon, double the glaze so that you’ll have enough to go around!
- Soy Sauce- Soy sauce adds some umami flavor to the glaze and takes the place of salt.
- Ginger- Ginger adds a fresh zesty flavor to the glaze.
- Garlic- Garlic is important as an aromatic and balances the spicy and sweet flavors.
- Gochujang Paste- The star of the show is the Gochujang paste. This can be found in the international section of the grocery store and is a red paste made out of Korean red chilis.
- Rice Vinegar- A bit of rice vinegar rounds out the flavors of the glaze and adds a hint of tartness.
- Honey- For a touch of sweetness, honey is added.
- Sesame Seeds- Optional for topping, adds a wonderful texture if you have them on hand!
How to Make Gochujang Glazed Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Prep the Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Spray the cooking rack with non-stick spray.
- Make the Sauce: Pat the salmon dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, Gochujang paste, rice vinegar, and honey.
- Put the Sauce onto the Salmon: Pour half of the sauce onto the salmon. Reserve the other half for brushing on the salmon before serving.
- Air Fry: Place the salmon filets 2 at a time into the air fryer. You can place more if more will fit. Cook for 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 140 degrees F.
- Brush and Serve: Repeat with the remaining salmon. Brush the reserved sauce onto the cooked salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds. You can keep the cooked salmon warm by tenting it with foil until the rest of the salmon is cooked.
Tips for the Perfect Gochujang Glazed Salmon
- Make sure to preheat the air fryer in order to ensure accurate cooking times! If you place the salmon in the air fryer while it’s preheating the salmon may need a couple extra minutes.
- If you are unsure if your salmon is done, the easiest way to check it to use a thermometerI to check the internal temperature. If you salmon has hit 135 degrees F, it is done. It will cook a little bit more as it rests before eating.
- Both salmon without the skin and with the skin will work for this recipe. Once the salmon is cooked, you can easily remove the skin before serving.
- The gouchujang is not overly spicy by any means however you can adjust the amount you add to the sauce to taste to control the heat level to your liking.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Gochujang?
Gochujang is a Korean paste made from red chilis, fermented soybeans, rice, and salt. These four ingredients pack a spicy, umami punch. If you have never had Gochujang before, I highly recommend giving it a try!
Can I make this recipe without an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! You can also bake the salmon and get really great results. Set the oven to 425 degrees F and bake the salmon for about 15 minutes.
What to Serve with Gochujang Glazed Salmon
- The Best Fried Rice
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry
More Healthy Salmon Recipes to Try
- Mexican Salmon Salad
- Thai Salmon
- Salmon Sushi Bowls
- Hoisin Glazed Salmon & Veggies
- Blackened Salmon with Lime Butter Sauce
Gochujang Glazed Salmon
Ready to take your salon up a notch?! Then give my Gochujang Glazed Salmon a try! It's cooked in the air fryer and brushed with a sweet, tangy and slightly spicy gochujang glaze!
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- sesame seeds
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Grease the cooking rack with nonstick cooking spray.Pat salmon dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.In a small bowl combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, Gochujang paste, rice vinegar and honey.Pour half of the sauce onto the salmon. Reserve the other half for brushing before serving.
- Place the salmon filets 2 at a time in your air fryer (more if they will all fit). Cook for 8 minutes or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Repeat with the remaining salmon. Brush the reserved sauce onto the salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.(You can keep the other salmon warm by tenting it with foil).